How can a pool service lend a hand when you are on vacation for an extended period of time? It’s never fun to come home to a green pool with water bugs swarming under water. Hiring a pool service can be a life saver EXPECIALLY while you’re out of town! What would a pool service offer while you are away so you don’t come home to a green pond in your backyard oasis?
- Balance the water chemistry: Our pool technicians will ensure that your pool’s water chemistry is properly balanced each week. We test the water’s pH, alkalinity, and chlorine levels, and adjust them as necessary to maintain a healthy balance. Balanced water chemistry helps prevent algae growth and other water-related issues.
- Shock the pool: If this is needed our technicians may consider shocking your pool with a chlorine-based shock treatment if the algae growth is plentiful. This helps to eliminate any organic contaminants and bacteria in the water, keeping it clean during your absence.
- Clean the pool: Our technicians will thoroughly clean the pool each week by removing any debris, such as leaves, twigs, or insects. Skimming the surface of any pool is a weekly task, vacuuming regularly too, and possibly brushing the walls may also be required to keep the pool clean. A clean pool reduces the chances of algae growth and helps maintain water clarity.
- Maintain water level: Our technicians will ensure that the water level in your pool is at the appropriate level. If it’s too low, the pool equipment might not function properly, and if it’s too high, there’s a risk of flooding. Monitoring water level is also key to a healthy pool.
What can you do while your away to ensure your pool is secure?
- Secure the pool area: Make sure your pool area is properly secured to prevent any unauthorized access while you’re away. Lock gates and ensure that fences are in good condition. This helps to ensure the safety of your pool and prevents any potential accidents.
- Set pool equipment timers: If you have automated pool equipment, such as pumps, filters, or chlorinators, set them to run for the appropriate duration during your absence. This helps to circulate and filter the water, maintaining its quality.
- Enlist the help of a reliable neighbor or friend: In Florida we tend to have frequent summer thunder and lightning storms. These can cause some minor flooding or worse case and electrical fire if lightning strikes your home. Ask a trusted neighbor or friend to keep an eye on your pool while you’re away. Request them to check the pool area regularly, ensure the equipment is functioning, and report any issues to you. Leave your neighbor our phone number so if they notice any issues they can give us a call for service.
- Notify us: Give us a call and inform us about your absence so our technicians will be aware in case there are issues when they arrive for weekly maintenance.
Our team at Swim ‘N Fun regularly services pools for clients on vacation all summer long to make sure everything is functioning properly and in good condition so our customers can come home to a pool ready for swimming.
We offer a variety of services to help ensure that your pool is safe and well-maintained, including pool cleaning, equipment repair, and maintenance services.
More about Swim ‘N Fun
While you can do a lot on your own to keep your pool looking good and ready for you whenever you want, sometimes you might need professional help. In fact, we recommend you have your pool serviced at least once a year just to make sure everything is as it should be. Pumps, filters, lighting, heating systems, filtration, pressure in the lines, and valves are all components that can break at any given time. During their weekly visits our technicians will check these different areas to ensure everything is working as it should.
Swim ‘N Fun offers weekly pool maintenance. Our trained pool technicians service the pool by testing the pool water, balancing the water chemistry, skimming the pool, brushing the pool walls, emptying the baskets, vacuuming the pool as needed, cleaning or backwashing the pool filter as needed, and checking the equipment to ensure that it is running properly. Routine pool maintenance helps a pool owner to save money and time. A properly balanced pool will also help keep swimmers safe and healthy.
Swim ‘N Fun is fully licensed and insured and has been serving Central Florida since 1986. Our pool company is ready to help you with any pool repairs that you may need such as repairing a broken pool pump, pool filter, pool vacuum, pool filtration system or pool lights. Our pool technicians will arrive at your home in our fully stocked service trucks. They will evaluate the problem and then make the repair. Many times, an extensive or expensive pool repair is not needed. No job is too big or too small!
We service all major brands. Let us help you with your pool repairs. Contact us today, call at 407-699-5588.