Keeping your Florida inground pool free of pollen this spring is important for several reasons from aesthetics to maintenance.
Pollen can make your pool look dirty and uninviting by keeping it free of pollen you won’t have to think twice about enjoying your pool. Beyond just looks, for people with allergies, exposure to pollen can trigger symptoms such as sneezing, runny nose and itchy eyes by keeping the pollen from building up, you can mitigate these symptoms for you and your guests.
Pollen is hard on your pool’s filtration systems. Pollen can clog your pool’s filter and make your pump work harder to circulate the water. This can burn your pump out sooner and increase your maintenance and repair costs.
Beyond aesthetics and your filtration systems, pollen affects your overall water quality. Pollen can introduce contaminants into your pool, such as dirt and bacteria. Algae love dirt and bacteria and by keeping pollen in your pool you are encouraging algae growth.
By keeping your Florida inground pool free of pollen this spring, you can help ensure that it remains a clean, safe and enjoyable place to swim and relax. Plus, keeping it free from pollen is not as hard as you may think.
Our top six tips are:
- Skim the pool regularly: Use a pool skimmer to remove any floating pollen from the water’s surface. It’s best to do this at least once a day, preferably in the morning before the wind picks up.
- Use a pool cover: If you don’t plan on using your pool for a few days, consider covering it with a pool cover. This will help prevent pollen from falling into the water.
- Brush the walls and floor: Pollen can cling to the sides and bottom of your pool, so use a pool brush to scrub them regularly.
- Use a pool filter: Your pool’s filter can be a great ally in keeping pollen out of the water. Make sure to clean or replace the filter regularly to keep it working effectively.
- Consider a robotic pool cleaner: If you have a lot of trees or plants around your pool, a robotic pool cleaner can be a great investment. It can help remove any pollen that settles on the pool’s surface or walls.
- Keep the area around the pool clean: Regularly sweep or blow away any pollen that collects on the deck or patio around your pool. This will help prevent it from being blown into the water.
We are also here to help! Swim ‘N Fun offers weekly pool maintenance. Our trained pool technicians service the pool by testing the pool water, balancing the water chemistry, skimming the pool, brushing the pool walls, emptying the baskets, vacuuming the pool as needed, cleaning or backwashing the pool filter as needed, and checking the equipment to ensure that it is running properly. Routine pool maintenance helps a pool owner to save money and time. A properly balanced pool will also help keep swimmers safe and healthy.
More about Swim ‘N Fun
While you can do a lot on your own to keep your pool looking good and ready for you whenever you want, sometimes you might need professional help. In fact, we recommend you have your pool serviced at least once a year just to make sure everything is as it should be. Plus, we are really good at checking your equipment such as filters, pumps, and heating systems for major and minor issues.
Swim ‘N Fun is fully licensed and insured and has been serving Central Florida since 1986. Our pool company is ready to help you with any pool repairs that you may need such as repairing a broken pool pump, pool filter, pool vacuum, pool filtration system or pool lights. Our pool technicians will arrive at your home in our fully stocked service trucks. They will evaluate the problem and then make the repair. Many times, an extensive or expensive pool repair is not needed. No job is too big or too small!
We service all major brands. Let us help you with your pool repairs. Please give us a call at 407-699-5588.