The winter months are here! Florida enjoys mild temperatures during the winter months. However, you still need to care for your pool during this time. Keeping your pool maintained during the winter months will ensure that your pool is ready for swimmers.
Swim ‘N Fun offers these tips for keeping your pool maintained during the winter months:
- Do NOT drain your pool. Draining your pool could cause issues that might result in your pool popping out of the ground.
- Keep your pool cleaned. Skim leaves and debris, brush the sides, and vacuum your pool to help maintain cleanliness.
- Make sure that the chemicals are balanced in your pool. Even if no one is swimming in your pool, keeping it balanced ensures that algae won’t grow. Plus, it will make it easier to get your pool ready for when people do want to swim.
- Run the pump. The pump circulates the water and the chemicals throughout the pool which helps to keep the pool clean and blue. This also helps to keep algae from forming in your pool.
- Make sure to monitor your water level. Add water to your pool if the water level drops below the skimmers.
- Remove any pool toys from the pool. Store them in a dry area to help prevent mildew.
Swim ‘N Fun wants you to enjoy your pool year-round. These tips can help keep your pool sparkling blue during the winter months. You can also check out our press release to learn about common pool maintenance mistakes and how to avoid them. If you don’t have time to maintain your pool or don’t want to deal with the hassle, we offer weekly pool maintenance. During your weekly pool maintenance, our pool techs will test your pool water, balance the chemicals, skim the pool, brush the pool walls, empty the baskets, clean or backwash filter, vacuum pool as needed, check the equipment to make sure it is running properly, and will notify you of any issues. Our service is affordable and has no contract required. For more information or to sign up for our weekly pool service, please visit https://swimnfun.com/weekly-pool-service or call us at 407-699-5588.
Need pool repair services?
Do you have a pool heater? Is it on the fritz? Are your pool lights still working? If not, we also offer pool repair services. We are fully licensed and insured. We can repair items such as pool filters, pool pumps, pool lights, pool heaters, pool chlorinators, and more. No job is too big or too small for Swim ‘N Fun. Please give us a call at 407-699-5588 to see how we can help you.
Keep your pool sparkling clean these winter months. Follow the tips outlined above to make sure that your pool is in tip-top shape. To stay up to date on what is going on over here at Swim ‘N Fun, give us a follow on Facebook. If you have any questions or need pool maintenance or pool repair, please give us a call at 407-699-5588 or visit online.